• March 18Congratulations to LCN Combined Choirs and LCN Select Ensemble, who earned Division 1 ratings at festival and qualified for States!

Carter V

Paige Lyons, Guest Writer

Released September 28, 2018, Lil Wayne’s twelfth studio album, Tha Carter V, had a massive first week with a No.1 debut on the billboard 200. This album sold 480,000 equivalent units (141,000 actual sales). Tha Carter V is the third largest album of 2018 following Travis Scott’s ”Astroworld” and Drake’s “Scorpion”. This long-awaited album was nothing more than “Legendary”. The Album begins with a heartfelt monologue from his mother that shows her love and her appreciation for her son. It then continues with Don’t Cry, an emotional song with XXXTENTACION who passed away in June. There are also featured appearances from Travis Scott, Nicki Minaj, Kendrick Lamar, Snoop Dogg, and many more. In the five years since his last album, ‘I am Not A Human Being II’, he has managed to make a comeback like no other. He even uses a quote from Obama saying, “They might think they’ve got a pretty good jump shot, or a pretty good flow, but our kids can’t all aspire to be LeBron or Lil Wayne,” which shows how amazing and iconic this 36 year old rapper really is.

1 Comment

One Response to “Carter V”

1. Ethan Sacla on December 7th, 2018 9:43 am

This article was very descriptive and really well written. My favorite songs from the album are “What about me”, “Dark side of the moon”, and “Can’t be broken.”

Carter V