• October 22Sending our prayers and condolences to the Filbeys

Kyle Schroeder; The voice behind KiKi2

Kyle Schroeder; The voice behind KiKi2

Gina Hofbauer, Features Editor, Photographer

While many teenage boys dream of becoming the next big SoundCloud rapper, Senior Kyle Schroeder has surpassed them all with his installation of music that can be found on Apple Music and Spotify.

Schroeder started producing music over a year ago. His fans and fellow students’ high praise has lead him to create his newest EP, “KiKi2”. The album has a range of 7 songs, all written and produced by Schroeder himself.

Schroeder describes his music as alternative with a little bit of acoustics. He also claims that his music inspirations are Boy Pablo and Kendrick Lamar. His ‘chill’ attitude makes him an even more appealing artist. His goals are to simply have people listen to his music. You won’t find Kyle constantly tweeting for everyone to listen to his music or creating ‘merch’ to push on people. He simply believes if you listen to his songs it would be a “cool and nice thing to do.” He happily remembers his most proud moment of when students came to school talking about his music and telling him that they listened to him. You can easily tell that Schroeder does not look at music as a job- it’s his passion.

KiKi2 offers mellow but happy blanket over those who listen. It’s not what you would expect a high school senior to produce. Fan and friend of Schroeder, LCN Senior, Kodi Lewis says, “I like Kyle’s songs because they’re genuine, and he puts time into making them. Other people should listen to him because it’s good music and something different.”

I like Kyle’s songs because they’re genuine, and he puts time into making them. Other people should listen to him because it’s good music and something different.”

— Kodi Lewis

Schroeder offers his humble advice to those with dreams of entering the music world, “I’m not really good at it.” Even though his over 11 thousand monthly listeners on Spotify beg to differ. Schroeder suggests “to do whatever you want. Try what you think will sound good.”

About the Writer
Gina Hofbauer, Features Editor and Photographer

Grade: 12

Position on staff: Features Editor, Photographer.

Fun fact about me: I have been publishing in the North Star since freshman year although,...

1 Comment

One Response to “Kyle Schroeder; The voice behind KiKi2”

1. Austin Bechamp on December 10th, 2018 7:33 am

I did know that LCN had a artist who sings not for a job but a passion.

• Kyle Schroeder; The voice behind KiKi2

Entertainment

Your Word Is…

• Entertainment

We Are the Champions

• Entertainment

The Hate You Give

Entertainment

The Haunting of Hill House

• Entertainment

Thanksgiving Recipies

• Entertainment

Carter V

Entertainment

What Does Your Zodiac Sign Tell About You?

• Entertainment

Scorpion

• Entertainment

The Meg Movie Review

• Entertainment

“Life’s A Trip”

Kyle Schroeder; The voice behind KiKi2