• March 18Congratulations to LCN Combined Choirs and LCN Select Ensemble, who earned Division 1 ratings at festival and qualified for States!

The Haunting of Hill House

A Netflix Original

The Haunting of Hill House

Netflix

Netflix

Netflix

Nayely Espinoza-Perez, Opinions Editor

Shirley Jackson, an American author, known for her works of horror and mystery, published a book The Haunting of Hill House in 1959. Mike Flanagan, an American filmmaker that has been a director of many horror films, was perfect for the creation of the trending tv show,The Haunting of Hill House. The tv show was a replication of the novel; therefore, it was given the same title as the book.
On October 12th, Netflix launched the horror series. The eerie tv show captures a family of seven; two parents and five children. For the summer, the family stays in a famous haunted house experiencing paranormal occurrences. The five young children see ghosts every night at the haunted house. Unfortunately, a tragic event occurs and the family is left with no other choice than to leave the place. As the five siblings grow into adults, they form their lives- whom ghost appearances still haven’t left.
As the appearances of ghost continues being part of the family’s lives, the death of one character unites the rest and are forced to confront the wicked house along with the ghosts from their past- all in hopes on making amends with such tragedy. The show, without a doubt, has the audience left with heads scratching, yet in hunger for wanting to know more. Sceneries like seeing “the bent-neck lady” sure has one wanting to hide under the covers. Not to mention, that the show truly implants a philosophical meaning in the plot of the story- one that audiences seem to be enjoying figuring out.

The Haunting of Hill House has been a big hit. With such intense and vivid scenes, interactions with ghosts, plot twists, and breathtaking events, it is no mystery that after an episode the viewers are left with constant thirst for wanting more.

About the Writer
Nayely Espinoza-Perez, Opinions Editor

Name: Nayely Espinoza-Perez

Grade: 11

Position on staff: Opinions editor

Fun fact about me: My passion for writing is immense; however, I hope...