• October 22Sending our prayers and condolences to the Filbeys

LCN Swim

LCN Swim

Brenna and Mary Ellen Filbey at Parent Night

Victorianna Beels, Business Manager

For Mary Ellen Filbey

You will be missed <3

The Lady Crusaders Varsity Swim and Dive team had an amazing season. The girls have made some incredible accomplishments this season. When the season started in late August, the girls were introduced to the more competitive MAC White Division. They were moved up from the MAC Blue Division where they had been victorious at all their meets and had placed first at the MAC Blue Division meet. Going into the MAC White Division was a big step for the girls facing more difficult, competitive teams like Frasier, Port Huron, and Dakota.
The dual meet season was a success! Of the girls’ nine dual meets, they only lost two. Throughout this time, over half the team made many personal records and qualified for counties. For many beginner swimmers, this is a huge accomplishment!
In addition to their dual season success, the girls also had a phenomenal championship season. The girls placed third at the MAC White Division meet. At this prelims and finals meet, there were many personal records set in addition to the third place victory. The Lady Crusaders were awarded the Sportsmanship Award, meaning they had the best sportsmanship of all the MAC White teams throughout the season.
With one meet left, the Lady Crusaders were facing a sad goodbye to what was a great season. At Invitational, the final meet of the 2018 season, many girls set more personal records, seniors swam their last swims, and tears were shed as a final goodbye was said to those who call each other family. These girls have gone through many ups and downs this year and through it all, they are still a team standing strong.
Congratulations to the 2018 Lady Crusaders State Team, Mallory Allard ‘19, Hannah Gurecki ‘20, Emma Dutkiewciz ‘20, Lauren Paris ‘21, and Brianne Lowe ‘21. The MHSAA State Meet will be held November 16 and November 17 at Eastern Michigan University. The 200 free relay (Paris, Gurecki, Allard, and Lowe) placed 16th in the state.
Congratulations to the graduating class of 2019 Emily Paupert, Jessica Tauriainen, and Mallory Allard for a great four years being a part of the LCN Girls Swim Team.

Best Times:
Divisions
200 Free: Brianne Lowe, Avery Brown ‘21, & Olivia Perfili ‘21
200 IM: Hannah Gurecki, Emma Dutkiewciz, Tori Beels ‘20, & Sara Bauer ‘22
50 Free: Jenna Bliss ‘20, Megan Schwartz ‘20, Peyton Cooper ‘22, & Gillian McHugh ‘22
100 Fly: Mallory Allard, Sara Bauer, Peyton Cooper, & Gabby Fischer ‘22
100 Free: Jessica Tauriainen, Kenzie Zeiman ‘22, Emily Paupert & Rachel Yung ‘21
500 Free: Olivia Perfili, & Megan Schwartz
100 Back: Brianna Lowe, Emma Dutkiewicz, Taylor Lyons ’22, & Kaelan Fischer ‘22
100 Breast: Jenna Bliss

Invitational
200 IM: Jenna Bliss, Megan Schwartz & Peyton Cooper
50 Free: Hannah Gurecki, Brianne Lowe, Emma Dutkiewicz, Tori Beels, Kaelan Fischer, Rachel Yung, Gabby Fischer & Alexa Cusimano ‘22
100 Fly: Jessica Tauriainen, Emily Paupert & Taylor Lyons
100 Free: Hannah Gurecki, Tori Beels, Olivia Perfili, Jenna Bliss, Avery Brown, Jenna Ciavone ‘21 & Gillian McHugh
100 Back: Olivia Perfili, Sara Bauer, MacKenzie Owensby ‘21, Rachel Yung, Jessica Tauriainen, Peyton Cooper, Megan Schwartz & Shelby Kenaan ‘21
100 Breast: Gillian McHugh, Emily Paupert, Kenzie Zeiman & Taylor Lyons

About the Writer
Victorianna Beels, Business Manager

Name: Victorianna Beels

Grade: 11

Position on staff: Business Manager

Fun fact about me: I have an interest in the history of World War II

Sports/Hobbies:...

1 Comment

One Response to “LCN Swim”

1. james rochowiak on December 12th, 2018 7:40 am

This article was good and gave a lot of information. God job girls swim team.

LCN Swim