• October 22Sending our prayers and condolences to the Filbeys

Jack (Magic) Hammons

Jack (Magic) Hammons

Jack Hammons shuffles his deck of cards for his senior pictures.

Jack Hammons

Jack Hammons

Jack Hammons

Morgan Sputa, Editor in Chief

Jack Hammons is a 17 year old senior at L’Anse Creuse High School North. He is well known for his magic, but what most people don’t know about him is that he’s the guy behind the scenes of a variety of events that happen for the student body of LCN. “I am the Student Council President, National Honor Society Treasurer, Mu Alpha Theta Publicity Officer, a part of the Relay for Life Event Leadership Team, a member of Link Crew, and the Michigan Association of Student Councils and Honor Societies Board of Delegates. I am also a USA Hockey Referee,” says Hammons. Also referred to as “Jack Magic” by his classmates and teachers, he has been showcasing his hobby for about four years. He has been in the LCN Talent Show (taking first place in this years show) and has also auditioned for the nationally loved talent competition, America’s Got Talent. Hammons auditioned on November 12, 2018 and will find out between January and March of 2019 if he will be a part of the show.

Reflecting on his time at LCN, Hammons shares his highlights; “One of my favorite high school memories was the moment I got my letter saying I had been elected the Student Council President. It was something I had been working toward since the beginning of high school, and it was a moment that I will never forget because it has given me the ability to create a greater positive change in our school, and I have had the opportunity to help guide underclassmen along the way to becoming great leaders as well.”

Hammons also recalls becoming Homecoming King this year. “I was really surprised, it was a very big honor to know that I have a lot of support from students throughout our school.” Hammons helps set up and put together the annual Homecoming Dance for the LCN student body every year; yet, he has never attended any of these dances, until the senior class nominated him onto Homecoming Court, leading to his win as “Homecoming King.”

There is no doubt that Hammons is heavily involved in school, but he also is a hardworking and dedicated person. With being a part of several organizations and clubs, Hammons spends a lot of time at LCN, setting up and working multiple events. “I have probably spent hundreds of hours on extracurriculars, from Student Council, to NHS to Link Crew, and more, I try to give 110% percent to everything I do to be committed and be able to know I have helped in a big way.”

Every great leader has an even greater influence; for Hammons, his influence is his grandfather. Since Hammons was a young boy he has always looked at his grandfather for inspiration. “My grandpa was the Macomb County Commissioner for many years, and I wanted to follow in his footsteps, so I got involved in Student Government. He was a great influence on me; unfortunately, he had passed away during my freshman year.” Undoubtedly, Hammons has made his grandfather very proud with all that he has accomplished in his four years at LCN and what he will go on to accomplish in life.

Unsure of where he would like to further his education after high school, Hammons knows he wants to add “politician” and “lawyer” to his laundry list of titles. “I would like to use a vast knowledge of the law and combine it with my knowledge of politics to become a politician to play a greater role in my country’s government and create a positive change for the American

people.”

Hammons has had quite the journey throughout his high school career and he is excited for what is to come.

About the Writer
Morgan Sputa, Editor-in-Chief

Name: Morgan Sputa

Grade: 12th

Position on staff: Editor-in-Chief

Fun fact about me: I want to attend college and major in pre-med and become...

1 Comment

One Response to “Jack (Magic) Hammons”

1. Devin Schwartz on December 7th, 2018 9:48 am

I did not know Jack was so involved. It is good to hear that someone is doing a lot to help out.

Jack (Magic) Hammons