• March 18Congratulations to LCN Combined Choirs and LCN Select Ensemble, who earned Division 1 ratings at festival and qualified for States!

Hollywood Says Goodbye to Stars

Cemetary with tombstone reading RIP - rest in peace.

Getty Images/iStockphoto

Erin Koscielski, Photo Editor

From popular artists to the former President of the United States, the world has had to let go of several celebrities this year. Death is a natural part of life; however, no one is ever prepared for its impact.

The first to pass was Stephen Hawking. Hawking was born Jan 8, 1942, and passed away on Mar, 14, 2018 at the age of 76. Hawking was a cosmologist and a theoretical physicist. Hawking died peacefully in his home.

Then, former First Lady Barbara Bush passed on. Mrs. Bush was born on June 8, 1925 and passed away on April 17, 2018 at the age of 93. Mrs. Bush was the First Lady of The United States from 1989 to 1993. Mrs. Bush died after discontinuing her medical treatments.

Then, Tim Bergling passed. Bergling, better known as Avicii, was born on September 8, 1989 and passed away on April 20, 2018 at the age of 29. Avicii was a DJ and music producer, one of his best known songs is “Wake Me Up”. Bergling died of an apparent suicide.

Then, there was Jahseh Onfroy. Onfroy better known as XXXTentacion,, was born on January 23, 1997 and died on June 18, 2018 at the age of 21. Onfroy was a hip hop artist and one of his best known songs was “Sad!”.  Onfroy died of a gunshot wound.

Then, one of Detroit’s own legends, Aretha Franklin, passed away. Franklin was born on March 25, 1942 and died on August 16, 2018 at the age of 76. Franklin was an artist that was born and raised in Detroit. Franklin passed away due to health problems.

Then John McCain passed. McCain was born on March 25, 1942 and passed away on August 16, 2018 at the age of 82. McCain was the former Arizona Senator from 1987 up until his death in 2018. McCain passed away due to brain cancer.

Then, Mac Miller passed. Miller was born on January 19, 1992 and passed on September 7, 2018 at the age of 26. Miller was a singer and a music producer up until his death in 2018. Miller died of mixed drug toxicity.

The next to pass was Stan Lee. Lee was born on December 28, 1992 and passed on November 12, 2018 at the age of 96. Lee was a comic book writer and publisher of Marvel Comics. The reason for Lee’s death has not been specified.

Lastly, the most recent to pass was former President George H. W. Bush. Mr. Bush was born on July 6, 1946 and passed on November 30, 2018 at the age of 73. Mr. Bush was the 43rd president of the United States from 1989 to 1993.Mr. Bush died of heart failure.

About the Writer
Erin Koscielski, Photo Editor

Name: Erin Koscielski

Grade: 12th

Position on staff: Photo Editor

Fun fact about me: I am in Link Crew, NHS, and Mu Alpha Theta. I also volunteer...