• October 22Sending our prayers and condolences to the Filbeys

The Eras of The 1975

Victorianna Beels, Business Manager

On November 30, 2018, English band, The 1975, once again took the world by storm when they released their new album, “A Brief Inquiry into Online Relationships”.

“A Brief Inquiry into Online Relationships” is the third album The 1975 has released, following their first album, “The 1975”, and their second album, “I Like It When You Sleep, for You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware of It.”

Each album they release, they begin a new era of music. In the beginning, The 1975 made mainly rock music. Some of the biggest of these rock era songs include “Girls,” “Settle Down,” “Robbers,” and “Heart Out.” After the initial release of the first album, The 1975 began to blow up all around the globe. They had many songs hit the top charts in the UK. This was just the beginning.

The next era the 1975 created with the release of “I Like It When You Sleep, for You Are So Beautiful Yet So Unaware of It”. This album brought on the pop generation of the band. Some of the biggest releases of the pop era are “Love Me,” “UGH!,” “Somebody Else,” and “The Sound.” The start of this era brought on more and more of a following for the band. After this hit album, fans were left waiting for three years for the release of the previously promised third album.

In January of 2018, The 1975 began posting incredibly cryptic messages on Twitter and Instagram hinting at the release of the new album. In June, they began releasing singles from the new album later released in November of this year.

“A Brief Inquiry into Online Relationships” is by far The 1975s best album. This start of a new era consists of rock, pop, and a new introduction of electro-pop to the mix. This new release has fans going crazy. 1975 fan Gina Hofbauer ‘19 states, “Their new album is different. They have changed quite a bit, but I think they are heading in a good direction.”

“A Brief Inquiry into Online Relationships” has been getting a lot of positive attention in the media recently as well. Sources like “The Daily Telegraph,” “Q,” and “The Times” have rated the album five stars. Other well-known sources such as “The Guardian,” “The Independent,” “Mojo,” and “Rolling Stone” rated the album with four stars.

If you have not listened to “A Brief Inquiry into Online Relationships” or any of The 1975s other songs, you are missing out! If you like pop, rock, indie, or electronic music, The 1975 is the band for you!

About the Writer
Victorianna Beels, Business Manager

Name: Victorianna Beels

Grade: 11

Position on staff: Business Manager

Fun fact about me: I have an interest in the history of World War II

Sports/Hobbies:...