• March 18Congratulations to LCN Combined Choirs and LCN Select Ensemble, who earned Division 1 ratings at festival and qualified for States!

Kicking Into Girls Soccer Season

Kicking Into Girls Soccer Season

Chris Peraino,21'

Chris Peraino,21'

Chris Peraino,21'

Chris Peraino, Staff Writer

Girls’ high school soccer is right around the corner. Unlike last season there are only four seniors returning. After competing for District finals against Anchor Bay, they fell just short in penalty shootout by a score of five to four. This season they are coming back trying to win the MAC white and districts.

Two key players coming back to the varsity squad are Kaylee Cobb ‘21 and Viviana Palmer ‘21. Even though they are sophomores and only had one year for the varsity experience,  it got them stronger and ahead of their class. Cobb is planning to start on varsity along with Palmer as a midfield duo.

Cobb says, “I think the season coming up will be fun and I’m excited.”  Last season, as a freshman, Cobb scored three goals and assisted on four goals. Cobb states about her goals for this upcoming season, “I hope to score five goals and get better as a leader.”

“We need to communicate and play as a team[ to get back to district finals],” Palmer says. Last year, our lady Crusaders played arch rivals Anchor Bay in the district finals in a tight match, but they fell just short in Penalty shootout; they will be coming back for revenge!

Last season, the Crusaders were led by former Captains Sabrina Porada and Julianna D’Agostino, who helped the team end with an overall record of 14-8-1 record and a 6-4 record in the MAC White. This season seniors Alyssa Longo and Alison Mannella will look to lead their young team to a MAC white championship. Palmer states, “This year is going to be tough against Anchor Bay, they have a senior goalie that is really good, and we just have to play our game.” Last season, Palmer scored one goal and assisted on one as well.