• March 18Congratulations to LCN Combined Choirs and LCN Select Ensemble, who earned Division 1 ratings at festival and qualified for States!

80’s Music Vs. Today.

80’s Music Vs. Today.

Chris Peraino, Reporter

When people hop into the car and turn the radio on, the first thing you hear is the new pop or hip-hop music. Today’s generation listens to music that has a nice beat and catchy lyrics. Many young people do not know the greatness of music from the 80s.
Much of the music today is upbeat, dancing music getting played in clubs and in the car. Some of the great artists today are Ed Sheeran, Drake, Alicia Keys, Beyoncé, and much more. Today’s music is repetitive because almost every song played on the radio is about “love”. Artists still get caught up in their feelings and feel they need to express it in the music. In reality many people like it, but they want some new flavors once in awhile. Some of the music created about love starts to become sexual which much of the listeners tend to get annoyed at. Even though there are some bad qualities of today’s music, there are some good qualities as well. Overall from the 80s to today, pop music has stayed similar and not too much has changed.
Carter Timm ‘21 loves music in general. Timm states, “I like to listen to rap music because it is good music and has a good bass.”
In the 80s, it was the generation of Rock and Roll. Some of the greats of their time were Van Halen, Bon Jovi, Def Leppard, and more. The music they created was original and easy to jam out to. Rock and roll used many instruments to make the sound even better, without using auto tune, like today’s music which does not make the artists as unique. Many of 80s music had more meaning unlike today’s music. Also in the 80s there were more bands than single artists like today.
Both 80s music and today’s music is good, fun music, that many people around the world love

About the Contributor
Chris Peraino, Staff Writer

I am a sophomore at L'Anse Creuse High School North. I am a two sport athlete, I play soccer, and track. I play JV/ Varsity soccer for the high school...