Charity Week 2019

Charity Week 2019

Morgan Sputa, Editor in Chief

L’Anse Creuse High School North is gearing up for another charity week. This year LCN is raising money for “Leader Dogs for the Blind,” an organization that is fully funded by donations and provides its clients with free services such as; travel in the U.S. and Canada, room and board, as well as equipment and training. Their mission is: “empowering people who are blind or visually impaired with lifelong skills for safe and independent daily travel.”

Pet Wars will also be taking place all week, so round up your change and fight for the pet that you think is the best!

Kicking off charity week on Saturday, March 9, student council is hosting “Glowcoming” at LCN. There will be black lights and a lot of bright colors. So gather your friends, decorate some tie-dye shirts and head to the LCN gym to dance the night away. The dance will take place in the cafeteria and tickets are $15. Tickets went on sale on February 25 in the cafeteria, during all lunches.

The next event will be taking place on Sunday, March 10, there will be a yoga class in the Cafeteria; this event has a $5 entry fee.

Monday, March 11, there will be a “Coffee House,” where students can perform their talent. This will be taking place in the cafeteria from 6pm-8pm. Auditions were held on Wednesday, February 27. This event consists of a $5 entry fee (performers get in for free). This $5 entry fee will get you two tickets that you can use to get yourself snacks, tea, or Starbucks coffee.

Grab your ice skates and head to Mount Clemens Ice Arena, on Tuesday, March 12. Located at 200 N Groesbeck Hwy, Mt Clemens, MI 48043. Students can skate from 4:30pm-5:50pm with a $5 entry fee.

Pita Peddler is teaming up with LCN for charity week. Stop by between 10am-9pm on Tuesday, March 12 to grab a bite to eat with your friends.

Taking place before school until the end of second hour, on Wednesday, March 13; student council is hosting a pancake breakfast in the LGI. The breakfast consists of pancakes and sausage, made for you by student council. Entry is $5 for pre-sale, $6 at the door.

From 11am-9pm on March 13, drop by and create your own pizza at MOD Pizza; located at 50670 Gratiot Ave, Chesterfield, MI 48051.

Thursday, March 14, various teams of male students will be competing in the “Powerbuff” competition. There will also be teams made up of male LCN staff members. This will be held in the LCN gym at 6pm.

Also taking place on Thursday, March 14, is the “Teacher Stall.” This is an event where students can stall the beginning of their class, if their teacher decides to take part in the event. In order to stall the start of class, you would have to dig out your loose change and dollar bills, and your teacher would stall class by counting whatever amount of change they were given. The more money you raise, the longer class will be stalled.

To conclude Charity Week on Friday, March 15, student council will be hosting an assembly during 6th hour to reveal how much money our school raised for Leader Dogs for the Blind.