Senior Honors Project

Morgan Sputa, Editor In Chief

The senior honors project is offered to seniors with a 3.0 (or higher) GPA and they can opt into participating in the project during the second semester of their senior year. Each senior that opts into this project has to create a project and get an adviser to help them. There have been many seniors at LCN that have been a part of this experience and many of them recommend it to underclassmen when they become seniors.

Helayne Clark:

Q: What are you doing for your project? Why did you choose this?

A: I am going to the Macomb District Court to shadow a Prosecuting Attorney. I am doing this because I want to be a prosecutor someday.

Q: Why are you doing the honors project?

A: I am doing the senior honors project to make sure that being an attorney is the right career decision for me.

Q: Who is your advisor? Why did you choose this person?

A: Mrs.Esshaki is my advisor and I chose Mrs.Esshaki because I have never felt closer to a teacher at L’Anse Creuse High School North; I know she will help me through this project.

Q: What impact does your project have on yourself and/or the community?

A: I think my project will have a positive effect on my outlook of this career and college, because I will see what I need to do to be successful in my field.

Savannah Johnson:

A: For my senior honors project I am going to be shadowing a theatre teacher at a high school. I chose this because I would love to be a theatre educator one day, and although I’ve already worked with a theatre teacher before, I’m excited to see how different teachers run their classrooms.

A: I’m doing the senior honors project because I think it is important to get hands-on experience in a field before you decide to do it as a career and I think it’s an amazing opportunity.

A: My advisor is Mr. Erickson, he is a theatre/English teacher at Pankow and I’ve worked with him before as well as taken his class. He knows a lot about education and theatre and the person I will be working with knows him as well so I felt that it was the perfect choice.

A: My project has a huge impact on myself as it will help me decide if I do want to pursue a career in both education and the performing arts.

Grace Hunter:

A: I’m shadowing a professor of some sort, since that’s what I eventually want to do. I’ll either be working with someone in Journalism or International Affairs.

A: I’m doing the honors project because I want to get a cemented idea of what I want to go into for my career.

A: My advisor is Mrs.Wissman. I chose her because she’s super kind and probably the nicest person I know.

A: The impact my project will make is that it will help determine a career path for me.

Cara Verlinde:

A: I am going to shadow different people in a Federal Court building dealing with different aspects of the Criminal Justice System. I am doing this because I want to get as much experience in the Criminal Justice System and how it all works.

A: I am doing the senior honors project because I have done job shadows for the Early College Program, and I found them to be very helpful in deciding what I want to do as a career.

Q: Who is your adviser? Why did you choose this person?

A: Ms.Formaczyk is my adviser. She’s my advisor because I had her freshman year and I still talk to her sometimes; I wanted to have an advisor I knew and felt comfortable with.

A: My project will help me gain a better understanding of the Criminal Justice System as a whole, and I will hopefully be able to translate that into the field later in my life.