• March 18Congratulations to LCN Combined Choirs and LCN Select Ensemble, who earned Division 1 ratings at festival and qualified for States!

Varsity Boys LAX

Varsity Boys LAX

Chris Peraino, Reporter

Spring is the startup of the boy’s lacrosse season. All the “lax bros” have been hype for the season growing out their “flows”. A lax bro is a player on the lacrosse team who is chill and walks around wearing khaki shorts or pants with white vans and white socks.
Last season for the boys’ varsity team, they had a record just below .500, and they have seven seniors returning for their last season. The varsity 2017-18 seasons, the team went 9-12 just under .500. In their Division 1, District 4 conference, they placed fifth going 1-3. The Crusaders went 1-2 against the Lancers, winning 12-8 their first matchup and then fell twice in a row 10-6 and 10-7. This year the Crusaders are looking to go undefeated against L’Anse Creuse.
Toby Vergara ’21, a JV A player states, “I think varsity will do pretty solid going into the season after coming off last season having a pretty tough schedule.” The Lax boys JV B team last season had a down season, tying one game and losing the rest of their games. They had many young, unexperienced players last season. This season, getting moved up to the JV A team, they are looking to have a solid season and win games.
The young, up and coming JV B team is made up of mostly all freshmen, just like last season. They hope to have a bit of a better season than the previous team and look to win their division.
The Varsity lacrosse team will play a three-way scrimmage on Monday, March 18th at 7:00 p.m. to kick off their season, and the JV A also has a scrimmage March 18th at 5:30. Varsity starts the regular season against Anchor Bay a 7:00 p.m. on March 21st, 2019. JV A starts their regular season on the 21st as well against Dakota High School. JV B does not start their season until Saturday, March 23rd, 2019 against De La Salle.

About the Writer
Chris Peraino, Staff Writer

I am a sophomore at L'Anse Creuse High School North. I am a two sport athlete, I play soccer, and track. I play JV/ Varsity soccer for the high school...