• March 18Congratulations to LCN Combined Choirs and LCN Select Ensemble, who earned Division 1 ratings at festival and qualified for States!

Baseball Swinging Back Into Action

Baseball Swinging Back Into Action

Shane Sellers, Reporter

The varsity baseball season has rolled around once again. The Crusaders have been practicing since tryouts ended on March 13th. The varsity team’s first game is home at the main diamond on March 22 at 4:30, against the Lamphere Rams. The team is looking forward to an excellent season. Robbie Keller ‘20, a right handed pitcher for the Crusaders, said “look out for Brendan Oprinski ‘19, myself, Eric Shutter ‘19, Alec Kelly ‘20, and Ryan Fisette ’19.”
When asked about expectations for this upcoming season, Keller said, “I fully expect to win this year. We have a really deep roster with a lot of talented guys. There’s no reason for us not to be at the top of the standings if we stay focused on our goals throughout the full season.”
The varsity team is coached this year by Jeff Dropps. He has been hard at work this past week building a team after watching tryouts and evaluating players.
The junior varsity team is hard at work as well. Their first game is home at the same time as varsity on diamond two, also against Lamphere. The JV team this year is coached by Terry Ebury and Mike Poljanic.
The freshman team is looking to get off to a good start too. Their first game is away on April 9 at 4 PM against the Anchor Bay Tars. Their first home game is April 23 on diamond two at 4 PM against the Fraser Ramblers.
For the complete baseball schedule, click here. Fans are encouraged to show support and come out to their upcoming games!

About the Writer
Shane Sellers, Staff Writer

I am a junior at L'Anse Creuse High School North. I play on the varsity tennis team. I am the one singles player. In addition to playing tennis, I like...