• March 18Congratulations to LCN Combined Choirs and LCN Select Ensemble, who earned Division 1 ratings at festival and qualified for States!

Captain Marvel

Carter Genslak, Repoter

On March 4th, 2019 the movie Captain Marvel was released. Over opening weekend it brought in over $120 million. The revenue over the past few weeks has totaled up to about $850.70 million. Companies say soon it will tower over 1 billion dollars. Captain Marvel is the 21st film in Marvel Cinematic Universe. The movie is the sixth biggest worldwide film opening since 2002. The movie is written and directed by Anna Boden and Ryan Fleck. This movie was produced by Walt Disney pictures and marvel studios. Captain Marvel is based off the Marvel Comic character Carol Danvers.

Captain Marvel is an extraterrestrial Kree warrior who finds herself in the middle of a big intergalactic battle between her people and the skrulls. Living on earth in 1995, she keeps on having recurring memories of another life as a U.S. Air Force pilot Carol Danvers. With help from Nick Fury, Captain Marvel tries to uncover the many secrets of her past while harnessing her special super powers to end the war with the evil skrulls. The Skrulls are a fictional race of extraterrestrial shapeshifters. The movie on IMDb is rated a 7.1 out of 10. It is also rated 79% on rotten tomatoes.