• March 18Congratulations to LCN Combined Choirs and LCN Select Ensemble, who earned Division 1 ratings at festival and qualified for States!

Girls Tennis Bouncing Back

Girls Tennis Bouncing Back

Shane Sellers, Reporter

The girls varsity tennis season has bounced back once again. The Lady Crusaders have been practicing since March 11. The varsity team’s next match is home at the courts on April 25 at 4:00, against the division rival Anchor Bay Tars. The team is looking forward to an excellent season. Melanie Szymanski ‘20, a doubles player for the Crusaders, said, “we already have a few wins under our belt, and we are hoping to do well in our division when those games start up.”
When asked about expectations for this upcoming season, Jenna Bliss ‘20, a doubles player for the Crusaders, said, “I think we will do extremely well. We have a lot of new players on varsity this year, including myself, but I think we get the job done. Our singles players work super hard.”
The varsity team is coached this year by John Broder, now in his third season as coach for the boys and girls team. He had been hard at work right up to spring break working on a starting lineup for varsity. Only 12 players can make the varsity team, and there were 16 players in the running right up until the final decision.
The junior varsity team is hard at work as well. Their next match is home at the courts on April 26 at 4:00, against the Marysville Vikings. The JV team this year is coached by Mark Wojciechowicz and Duane Starzyck.
For the complete tennis schedule, click here. Fans are encouraged to show support and come out to their upcoming matches!

About the Writer
Shane Sellers, Staff Writer

I am a junior at L'Anse Creuse High School North. I play on the varsity tennis team. I am the one singles player. In addition to playing tennis, I like...