LCN Varsity and JV Track

Run Like There Is No Tomorrow

Nayely Espinoza-Perez, Opinions Editor

Get ready…set…go! Hard work. Determination. Constant attendance to practices. This is what track is all about. The adrenaline that is felt when running is something that our LCN runners not only desire but is also a fundamental encouragement for their success this season.

The track season began on April 11th at the gym with practices every day after school 5 days of the week. After having two meets canceled, LCN’s runners could not contain their excitement. “Two meets were canceled for no reasonable reason. We have worked- and still are- very hard to be prepared for our meets. Our main goal is to ultimately win but overall become better as a team”, expressed Jaqueline Perez, ’21.

After the previous canceled meets, LCN’s track team went up against Warren Mott High School on April 23rd. Warren Mott High School was one of the schools that were expected to be challenging for the team. Even though the guy’s track team did  not win, their constant effort for that meet was just another step towards improvement for this season; however, the girl’s track team were able to win that day.

The next meet for Track will be at home on May 1st at 4:00 p.m. Be sure to come support our runners!

LCN’s Track Schedule: https://lcnathletics.com/main/teamschedule/id/3764264/seasonid/4423228