2019 Retirees: Mrs.Formanczyk

Gina Hofbauer, Features Editor, Photographer

*Due to a recent buyout initiative offered to various teachers in the L’Anse Creuse district, L’Anse Creuse High School- North will be saying goodbye to eleven retiring teachers. All upcoming retirees were contacted by the North Star staff and asked if they would like to have a last interview with the North Star published as a way to recap on their memories and years of teaching as well as a way for the North Star to keep their memory present in crusader nation. The North Star wishes nothing but the best for our future retirees as they start a new and exciting chapter of life.

How long have you been teaching in general?

This is my 18th year of teaching.

How long have you been teaching at LCN specifically?

I am finishing my 8th year of teaching at LCN.  Prior to that, I taught at Middle School East

What Department do you teach in?

The math department.

What is your favorite memory of teaching?

My favorite memory of teaching is working with students in my essentials class. I think I saw the most growth with those students.

Do you have any advice to future students or teachers?

My advice to future teachers is be patient with your students!  They really want to do well.

My advice to future students is that with a little work you can learn anything.  Ask for help when you need it and never give up.

What will you miss most about teaching?

I will miss the moment when a student who struggles in math finally gets it.  I love helping students realize that with a little work they can be well in math.

How would you like students to remember you?

I would like students to remember me as someone who valued them and cared about their education.

How did you know you wanted to become a teacher, especially in math?

I made a career change to teaching after tutoring some students in math.  I really enjoyed helping them learn!