Senior’s Thoughts On Leaving

How the Class of 2019 Really Feels

Keonna McQuerry, Staff Writer

Since the school year is coming to an end for Class of 2019, being a senior I wanted to know what other seniors’ thoughts were on leaving LCN.

After spending four long years here at LCN, with the same people, seeing the same teachers (for the most part), and following the same old routine that consists of getting up early in the morning, getting ready, going to school, coming home, going to work (if you have a job), doing your homework, going to sleep and waking up just to do it all over again. I can attest that after a while, it gets annoying! I’m mainly excited about having a change in my life, meeting new people, trying new things, and leaving all of high school behind me, and I’m not the only person who feels this way.

Jada Ennis ‘19 expressed, “I’m finally done! Bye y’all!” But there will be somethings that I will miss about high school, one of them being my friends and the other one being some amazing teachers who have really left an impression me, Mrs. Esshaki and Mrs. Macomber.

Leaving high school is kind of a bittersweet feeling because you’re happy that you’re finally done with high school, and you’re also excited to start this new chapter in your life; however, it’s sad because you’re leaving behind meaningful memories, your favorite teachers, and even some friends. Tyler Hunt ‘19 said, “I am excited to get out of the box that the school holds you in and experience bigger and better things. Even though I am overfilled with the drive to leave LCN and NEVER come back, I will miss the memories made there.”

Deborah Harrison ‘19 stated, “I feel bittersweet about leaving.” She continued, “I’m excited to go to college but I can’t believe that I’m finally graduating. The years went by so fast.”

Hailey Murphy ‘19 agreed by saying, “I’m going to miss seeing my friends and the people I grew up with every day, but I’m excited to see where life takes me.”

Billy Zambelli ‘19 stated, “It’s really bittersweet. I’m very excited for this adventure in my life, but I’m also a little sad to be leaving behind choir, and my friends.”

Mckenna Mason ‘19 gave me her thoughts on leaving stating, “I am sad but happy at the same time! I’m sad to leaving everything I’ve known for the past four years but I can’t wait for what lies ahead.” She continued, “LCN has prepared me to be who I am and has gotten me ready to leave. So leaving and making good out of everything I was taught is the only way I can give my thanks for all I’ve been given here.”

To sum it up on regards to what most of the seniors think about leaving- other than Bye- I believe that leaving high school as a whole is a bittersweet feeling, yes I’m a little sad about leaving behind things that I’m so use to, but also I’m extremely excited to start college and begin a new chapter in my life. I feel like I can speak for all of the seniors when I say that high school has taught us a lot about ourselves and what kind of individuals we are, whether we like to believe it or not, high school does teach us a lot and it does prep us for this new chapter that we are all about to start. It doesn’t matter if you’re going to college or not, leaving high school is a big step in everyone’s lives, and it’s the ending of one chapter and a fresh new start to another.