LCN Girls Basketball Player Up for Metro Detroit Player of the Week

George Spiteri, Macomb Daily

Daniels calls out a play in the Lady Crusader's win against Eisenhower.

Shane Sellers, Sports Editor

The opening week of high school girls basketball action is in the books and LCN’s very own Brooke Daniels, ‘22, is being considered for Metro Detroit Player of the Week by online Michigan newspaper, MLive.

Daniels has continued her excellent play that she showed for all of last season. Daniels led the team in points, rebounds, and assists for the first two games of the season, and last night’s game against Marine City she led in points and assists. She is averaging over 17 points per game.

Ryan Lapierre, ’20, team manager for the girls team who keeps stats for the team, has been thoroughly impressed of Daniels’ play through the first three games of the year. He said, “She is scoring a lot of points and getting the oth

er girls involved, too.”

Daniels had 15 points, ten rebounds, seven assists, and six steals in LCN’s 46-32 win over Utica Eisenhower. That is the game under consideration for the Player of the Week.

Check out the link below and scroll all the way to the bottom to vote in the poll for Player of the Week for December 2-8 games. You can vote as often as you want in the poll until 9 a.m. on Friday the 13th. According to MLive, the results of the poll are strictly for bragging rights and to express fan appreciation, so show some love for our point guard!

https://www.mlive.com/highschoolsports/2019/12/vote-metro-detroit-girls-basketball-player-of-the-week-for-dec-2-8-games.html