Boys Bowling Continues Dominance into New Season

The boys bowling team after winning first place in the Bakers Dozen tournament.

Blake Warnken

Blake Warnken

Blake Warnken

Shane Sellers, Sports Editor

The LCN boys bowling team has continued their dominance into this new season. After only two meets, the boys team headed up to Bay City to showcase what made them so successful last season after winning another MAC title.

The guys made qualifiers in the Bangor John Glenn Holiday Invitational on December 14th, and made it to the afternoon competition, but were knocked out in the first round.

Sunday, at the Bay City Western High School Bakers Dozen tournament, the LCN bowling team took first place! After 16 nerve-wracking games, the guys finished on top. The boys were the top qualifying team and went on to take first place for the second year in a row.

Blake Warnken, ‘20, a four year varsity bowler for the Crusaders, said, “This tournament usually gives us a hint at how we will do later in the season. We won it this year, so I’m excited for our upcoming meets against Utica and Stevenson.”

Fans are encouraged to come out and watch the Crusaders at their next meet on Friday, December 20th starting at 3:45 after school. It will be held at 5 Star Lanes located at 2666 Metro Parkway in Sterling Heights. Coming off their big tournament win, it would be nice to come out and support the team as they begin their conference play!