Mr. Crusader: James Mazure wins the Crown

Brenna Filbey

James Mazure is the 2020 Mr. Crusader.

Brenna Filbey, Co-Editor-in-Chief

On Monday February 3, 2020, L’Anse Creuse High School North hosted the third annual Mr. Crusader. Mr. Crusader is a male pageant that LCN hosts at JPAC every year to raise money for the start of Charity Week. Hosts Jessica Milavec and Layne Pringitz provided some comic commentary that added to the boys’ show.

After competing in categories such as talent, formal wear, beach wear, trivia and a popular vote, judges pick a winner for each category, and a contestant to wear the Mr. Crusader crown. All Mr. Crusader contestants had fun, and engaged the audience.

There was fierce competition, but in the end, Senior James Mazure came out on top. With a great stand-up comedy act, and a fabulous intro video, it’s no wonder he won. He was surprised, and his facial expression said it all. Commenting on his win, he said, “I was extremely surprised…I didn’t expect to win.”

Mazure said he really enjoyed the pageant, but he said the most difficult thing was, “…we were rushed every time we had to change.”

The newly crowned Mr. Crusader had a very funny comedy act for his talent. “I always watched stand up as a kid, and I thought it would be fun to try to do it successfully,” he shared. And, although his stand up comedy act was loved by the judges, his favorite category was swimwear.

Mazure said, “…I actually ended up enjoying myself a lot more than I thought I would.” He commented about winning: “I didn’t know how much it meant to me until after the event, but now it means everything.”