Best Shows To Binge Watch In Quarantine

James Lamparski, Reporter

#1 The Haunting of Hill House 

The Haunting of Hill House is an eerie ghost story that has just enough family drama to keep you entertained for the entire ten episodes. The show also deals with a variety of issues such as addiction, trauma, suicide, and mental illness. I highly recommend The Haunting of Hill House to everyone, and for those not a fan of horror do not worry, there are only a few jump scares throughout the entire show.

#2 Mindhunter

Mindhunter is based on John Douglas and Mark Olshaker’s memoir “Mindhunter: Inside the F.B.I.’s Elite Serial Crime Unit”. The show Mindhunter takes place in the 70’s and focuses on FBI agents Holden Ford and Bill Tench, who operate the FBI’s new Behavioral Science Unit. The two agents travel across the country to interview serial killers in hopes to understand their thinking. This is a great show for anyone who enjoys crime thrillers and a captivating story line. 

#3 Breaking Bad

After being diagnosed with late stage lung cancer, Walter White realizes he needs to make sure his family is financially stable before he dies. To ensure this, White recruits his old chemistry student, Jesse Pinkman, to help him cook and sell meth. Breaking Bad is an amazing show that has plenty of moral dilemmas, family drama, and it has an addictive plot that will keep you watching for days on end.  

#4 The Good Place

After dying, Eleanor Shellstrop finds herself in the good place, despite only looking out for herself and being selfish while still alive. To avoid being sent to the bad place, she begins to learn how to be a kind person, so she can remain in the good place. The Good Place is like a sitcom but more character development, it will have you laughing and crying, and will constantly surprise you every episode. I highly recommend this show, it is by far one of the best shows on Netflix. 

#5 Atypical

Atypical follows Sam Gardner and his experiences throughout high school as an autistic teenager. Not only do you get to see his high school experiences, you also get to watch as he navigates finding a girlfriend for the first time. The plot also follows his parents and his sister, but mainly focuses on Sam and his experiences. Atypical will send you through a wide range of emotions but will make you laugh along the way.