Three Shows to Stream During Quarantine

James Lamparski, Reporter

Between Netflix, Hulu, Amazon Prime, and every other streaming service there are thousands of TV shows and movies to choose from. Here is a list of 3 TV shows that are perfect to pass time while stuck in quarantine!

# 1 – Umbrella Academy 

Umbrella Academy is based off of a series of comics/graphic novels created by Gerard Way, who is the lead singer in My Chemical Romance. The show begins on a random day in 1989, 43 babies were born to women who were not pregnant. A billionaire named Sir Reginald Hargreaves adopted 7 of these children and started the Umbrella Academy. After the children grow up and Hargreaves dies, they are all reunited by his death but with this reunion comes a worldwide apocalypse they must navigate together. This is an amazing series that will have you crying, laughing, and completely in love with the characters. The 10 episodes go by in a flash, but luckily season two is set to premiere sometime this year. 

#2 – Don’t F*** With Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer

Deanna Thompson, and John Green in 2010, discovered videos of a man abusing and killing two kittens. Thompson and Green started a Facebook group in hopes to identify the man. They examined every detail of the video, even every visible object in the room. The man in the video, eventually identified as Luka Magnotta was caught and convicted of murdering Jun Lin, a Chinese student. Don’t F*** With Cats: Hunting an Internet Killer is a true crime documentary that follows the internet manhunt in three episodes and it will leave you on the edge of your seat, but fair warning, this is not a show for the faint of heart as the actual videos are shown (you can always skip these scenes like I did).

#3 – Tiger King

If you haven’t already watched Tiger King, it is definitely worth your time in quarantine. A now eight part docu series that follows Joe Exotic through his G.W. Zoo in Oklahoma where he kept hundreds of tigers, as well as alligators and monkeys. The docu series also largely focuses on Joe Exotic’s hatred for Carole Baskin, an animal rights activist that Joe has accused of killing her husband and feeding her husband to her tigers. There is much more drama and chaos that goes on in Tiger King, and will cure you of boredom for a while.