Kicking Into LCN Boys Varsity Soccer

Photo Credits: Norman Peraino

Chris Peraino, Sports Editor

To kick off the 2020 school year, the LCN boys’ Varsity Soccer Team started off to a bit of a slow start. With a shortened season, they are going to make it the best they can. 

The boys kicked off their season on Wednesday, September 9th against Romeo high school. A tight match the whole gamethe Crusaders fell short 1-0. They played their next match away at Port Huron Northern on September 11th. Again, it was another tight match. During the match, Captain Chris Peraino ’21 got a red card in the late minutes, and the Crusaders fell again.  

On the team’s bond, varsity player Cole Gies ‘22 states, “Our biggest strength as a team is that no matter what, we stick together.” 

Their next two matches played were against and Utica and Cousino respectively. Against Cousino and without Peraino, North lost 8-0. Against Utica, Peraino was back but North lost 4-0. Their first win came against Fraser High Schoolwith many great stops from Carter Timm 21 and great goals from Sebastian Przybyl ’22, as well as Gies. 

Discussing how the team can work to improve this year, varsity player Nick Wasielewski ‘22 states, “The team needs to continue to play together and stop giving up so early.” 

The Crusaders faced a strong team in Grosse Pointe South, and took a tough loss 6-1. The Crusaders have a long season ahead of the and are looking to fix some minor details and finish with a bang!