Brady vs Mahomes: Super Bowl LV

Photo+Credit%3A+Dominic+Comfort

Photo Credit: Dominic Comfort

Dylan Adams

With Tom Brady entering the tenth Super Bowl of his career, he faces a new young superstar: Patrick Mahomes. Mahomes took his team last year to the Super Bowl and came out victorious. The Kansas City Chiefs faced the San Francisco 49ers in 2020 and won by a score of 31-20, and now he’s coming back for a second trophy in a row. Tom Brady’s Tampa Bay Buccaneers will be hosting the Super Bowl this year at their home field in Florida. 

Kansas City is expected to win with a 52.1% chance at taking the trophy home while Tampa Bay has a 47.9% chance, but it all comes down to who will show up in the big time. Mahomes has done his thing this season, with 38 touchdowns and only 6 interceptions, while Brady has 40 touchdowns and 12 interceptions. In this matchup, one team has a new young superstar, while the other has a quarterback veteran with all-time statistics. Kansas City is hoping Tight End, Travis Kelce shows up, because he leads their team in 1416 receiving yards and 11 touchdowns. Clyde Edwards-Helaire, star running back, is also expected to get the ground game going. 

Tampa Bay is hoping Antonio Brown can make an appearance with him being questionable to play, but they know if he can’t, then wide receiver Mike Evans will show up ready. Evans Leads the team this season with 1006 receiving yards, and 13 touchdowns. However, with Brady’s best friend Rob Gronkowski coming out of retirement, these two will be interesting to watch because they always show out with their insane chemistry. This season, Gronkowski has 623 yards along with seven touchdowns. Their ground game is something that they’re hoping can get going fast with running rack, Ronald Jones ll. This season alone, Jones has 978 yards, with seven touchdowns to his name. 

People believe that with Kansas City winning last year, they will come out strong in order to go back-to-back, seeking redemption from their struggles in the previous years. However, Kansas City is ready to show people that they’re the best team in the league. On the other hand, with Star Quarterback Tom Brady on the other team, it won’t be an easy challenge to take down Tampa Bay especially with the Buccaneers being at their home field this year. You can see it all by tuning into this year’s Super Bowl matchup on Sunday, February 7th, at 6:30pm with The Kansas City Chiefs taking on the Tampa Bay Buccaneers.