Online Classes

Online Classes

Online classes were a norm for 2020, but now students are back in person for the most part. Classes online were not easy to learn from. Face to face was no longer a common thing, and help was mainly only available through your screen. Students struggled keeping a consistent school schedule, and going to bed at a decent time was rare. Many kids loved this, they loved not having to wake up early and leave their beds. School work was easy to push aside and studying for tests seemed to no longer be necessary. While many kids miss the online school routine, the amount of students that were able to do well during this system are very limited.      

School was not taken seriously for the majority of students, and very little was learned. While many kids and parents may argue this was better for kids’ personal lives, a McKinsey survey suggests that children still learn better through classroom-based teaching. Alessia Perry explains “once I began online classes, my grades dropped tremendously.” She is not the only one, Daniel Gaci also states “I definitely struggled learning material way more through a screen.” Kids’ grades were mostly harmed through learning online, and covid showed how ineffective online education was.