• October 22Sending our prayers and condolences to the Filbeys

Falling Back Into Fall

Victorianna Beels, Business Manager

Autumn is a spectacular time of the year that almost all can love and appreciate. It’s that time of the year where days become shorter and the nights longer, and we begin a slow, cool descent into the dark and frigid winter months. The yearly arrival of the fall season brings many things that people thrive off of this time of the year. In addition to the weather change comes a change in fashion, a change in what we eat, and a change in the environment around us. These changes are what make this time of year the autumn season that we commonly know it as.

As the weather begins to cool down, people begin to put away their shorts and tank tops, and dig out their jeans, sweatshirts, sweatpants, and flannels. Fall allows for a unique style that only can be worn this time of year. In the autumn, it is not quite cold enough for coats, but it is not quite warm enough for tee shirts. Flannels and boots are a very popular fall trend that most people follow. The season also allows people to bring back all the dark colors that they had hanging in their closets all summer. A lot of dark greens, yellows, reds, greys, and blacks are brought back from their closet grave during the fall months.

As the fall months begin to arrive, our appetites begin to change for more fall like foods, one of these food trends being pumpkin everything. Pumpkin pie, pumpkin spice latte, pumpkin ice cream, pumpkin cereal, pumpkin yogurt, pumpkin alcohol. Anything you can think of, there is probably something pumpkin flavored that is out this fall for consumers to gladly consume. Another popular fall food trend is spices. Cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, and many other spices are used more often in the fall to add that little bit of spice into the life of your foods.

One of the best things about fall is when the leaves begin to change color. All around you are the crimsons, oranges, and ambers of the leaves in the trees and all over the ground. Because of this natural beauty, many enjoy going outside, going on hayrides, picking apples, and just being able to enjoy the beauty that these months bring.

The fall season is one of the most enjoyable as there is so much to do, so much to see, and so much to experience.

About the Writer
Victorianna Beels, Business Manager

Name: Victorianna Beels

Grade: 11

Position on staff: Business Manager

Fun fact about me: I have an interest in the history of World War II

Sports/Hobbies:...

1 Comment

One Response to “Falling Back Into Fall”

1. Chris Peraino on November 12th, 2018 11:47 am

It is a very good and interesting feature article!

Falling Back Into Fall