• November 14The LCN Band place 100th with 88.325 points. This was the best showing and highest score in LCN history !! Congrats to the Marching Crusaders

• October 22Sending our prayers and condolences to the Filbeys

Safety or Senseless

Victorianna Beels, Business Manager

In recent times, safety has been more and more stressed by the media, many major businesses, and especially in schools. L’Anse Creuse High School- North (LCN) is no exception. After a gun threat appeared on Snapchat in December 2017, many students have been wondering what LCN is going to do to combat these safety issues that have been plaguing society in recent times.

At the beginning of the 2018-2019 school year, the L’Anse Creuse administration have introduced new safety precautions in schools across the district. One of these new rules is about the Pankow busses.

On the first day of school, students with 5th and 6th hour Pankow students were met with two yellow, stretch-belt barriers blocking off the hallway by the doors to the bus loop and one of the entrances to the main office. Students were confused by the ropes and why the school was holding all the Pankow students in this area for five to seven minutes. This block makes the students stay in this area so they cannot wander around the school and potentially interrupt the classrooms that are still in class or to cause any trouble in the hallways.

Another new rule for Pankow students was introduced on the second day of school during a class meeting. The LCN administrators and counselors came to English classes and showed all students a PowerPoint presentation with all of the old and new policies to be introduced this year. One of these new policies has to do with exiting the school to get to Pankow 5th and 6th hour. During the 2017-2018 school year, students were allowed to exit out of any door in the school that led to the front parking lot where the busses picked up. This school year, students must exit and enter only through the front common doors, so Mrs. Nagel, the commons secretary, can keep track of those who enter and exit the school. The school has introduced this policy for the safety of the students. This policy will prevent unknown, potentially harmful people from entering the school without permission.

Although slightly inconvenient for the Pankow students, the new rules regarding the busing is creating an overall safer, more educating environment for not only the students leaving LCN for Pankow, but also the students who remain at the school all day.

About the Writer
Victorianna Beels, Business Manager

Name: Victorianna Beels

Grade: 11

Position on staff: Business Manager

Fun fact about me: I have an interest in the history of World War II

Sports/Hobbies:...