• October 22Sending our prayers and condolences to the Filbeys

The Meg Movie Review

Erin Koscielski, Photo Editor

On August 10th, 2018 the movie “The Meg” was released in the United States. “The Meg” is a science fiction shark movie that takes place in, for the most part, the Mariana Trench. But in reality, the movie was filmed in the Hauraki Gulf, New Zealand.
The film pulled in about $45,402,195 on its opening weekend. Then it made about $141,980,287 in revenue by September 30th.
The film was also based off a series. In which the first book is called “The Meg: a Novel of Deep Terror”. The film also pays tribute to several other movies. Such as the dog named Pippen who jumped off the boat was a reference to the dog from “Jaws” who is named Pippet. Also in a scene where Jonas jumps in the water, Jonas starts to sing just keep swimming in reference to Dorey.
The film contains several action packed scenes, courtesy of CGI animation. The film also has some well-placed lines that feature comic relief. As is with all movies, there are some inconsistencies, but the plot distracted the viewers from them.
Overall this film is receiving eight out of ten stars from me.

About the Writer
Erin Koscielski, Photo Editor

Name: Erin Koscielski

Grade: 12th

Position on staff: Photo Editor

Fun fact about me: I am in Link Crew, NHS, and Mu Alpha Theta. I also volunteer...

1 Comment

One Response to “The Meg Movie Review”

1. Jojo Tocco on December 10th, 2018 10:22 am

Your story about the movie, Meg was very interesting! I love hearing about new shark movies because I enjoy seeing movies that is about a topic that I love!!

The Meg Movie Review