• November 14The LCN Band place 100th with 88.325 points. This was the best showing and highest score in LCN history !! Congrats to the Marching Crusaders

• October 22Sending our prayers and condolences to the Filbeys

LCN Girls Varsity Swim

Christina Trotta, Guest Writer

On October 8th, the LCN Girls Varsity swim team hosted the 2018 Girls Macomb County Championship swim meet. The LCN Varsity Swim Team competed against 18 other schools in the county and placed third. The lady Crusaders took first place in three of twelve events and gained new personal records as well.

The Lady Crusaders placed first in three out of twelve events. Dutkiewicz, Gurecki, Allard and Paris took first place in the 200 Medley Relay. Paris placed 1st in the 100 Free and the 200 Free Relay group, consisting of Paris, Lowe, Gurecki and Allard also placed 1st.
Stand out swimmer Paris says, “It makes me feel happy because all of my practice and everything that we work for in practice paid off.”
Paris believes the team is “all really close because we are all really good friends so it makes it easy to work together. It’s fun…All my best friends are in swim. We hang out and we’re always at practice together.”
Her inspiration for greatness comes from “the other teams do because we’re close with the other teams. We know a lot of people on the other teams so we kinda hear what’s going on in the other teams and we know what their times are so we want to do better than them.”
On setting new freshmen and sophomore records for the 100 Free and 200 Free, Paris said that “was my goal for last year to beat those records and I was really close to them but I didn’t make it. But this year, I finally did it and I was really happy because I finally beat my goals.”
The Lady Crusaders also had three ‘Individual Qualifiers’ for the Division I state meet: Allard for the 50 Free, Paris for the 100 Free and Gurecki for the 100 Breast. Two of the teams relays qualified as well: the 200 Medley Relay and 200 Free relay.

Congratulations to the lady Crusaders on their victory at counties this year and good luck at States November 16th and 17th.

New personal records:

Lauren Paris ’21 – new freshmen/sophomore record for 100 Free and 200 Free
Brianne Lowe ’21 – 200 Free and 100 Back
Tori Beels ’20 – 200 Individual Medley and 500 Free
Emma Dutkiewicz ’20 – 200 Individual Medley and 100 Back
Sara Bauer ’22 – 200 Individual Medley and 100 Fly
Molly Allard ’19 – 50 Free and 100 Free
Hannah Gurecki ’20 – 50 Free and a new Varsity record for 100 Breast
MacKenzie Owensby ’21 – 100 Free and 100 Breast
Jessica Tauriainen ’19 – 500 Free and 100 Breast
Megan Schwartz ’20 – 500 Free
Olivia Perfili ’21 – 500 Free
Avery Brown ’21 – 500 Free